Real Estate Broker Associate Credentials
Your Trusted Professional
What Are The Differences Among A Real Estate Agent, A Broker, And A Realtor? Click Here
For my Broker Associate license, many requirements were needed to be completed to be qualified for the job. The following is a list of steps/topics I completed to accomplish a Broker Associate license over the past 5 years. Although not required, I also achieved a Bachelor's Degree in Business Management and a Minor in Marketing from Oklahoma State University (click here for courses completed).
1. In order to get a real estate license in Oklahoma, you will need to complete 90 hours of real estate pre-licensing course. Here are a few of the topics covered:
Land Use Controls and Regulations
Valuation and Market Analysis
Laws of Agency
Transfer of Title
Practice of Real Estate
Real Estate Calculations
Property Management and Landlord/Tenant
Common Interest Ownership Properties
Commercial, Industrial, and Income Property
Laws and Rules Affecting Oklahoma Real Estate Practice
Oklahoma Broker Relationships
Psychologically Impacted Property
Broker Operational Procedures and Qualifications
2. Successful Completion of the Oklahoma Pre-Licensing Exam
Total of 120 multiple-choice questions (to be completed within 3 hours)
80 questions on the national portion
40 questions on the state-specific portion
3. Pass a criminal background check
4. Obtain sponsorship from an Oklahoma real estate broker.
5. Complete an approved 45-hour Provisional Post license Course of Real Estate (Part II) within the first year of obtaining a license.
6. Evidence of two (2) years of active license experience within the past five (5) years as a provisional sales associate or sales associate
7. Successful completion of a ninety (90) clock hour Advanced Broker Real Estate Course approved in Oklahoma.
8. Successful completion of the Oklahoma Broker Examination
Total of 135 multiple-choice questions (to be completed within 4 hours)
9. Submit a criminal history background check
10. File the forms and fees as required